Monday, September 24, 2007

Rain Event 9-20-07/9-21-07

Man what a storm we had on Thursday September 20th. It was a strong thunderstorm; lots of wind, lightening, hail, and rain. When driving home I got within about 5 miles of Sauk Centre and the torrential rain came down. I was driving about 40 mph on I94 and couldn't see anything in around me. Hail was pelting my car and the booming thunder was incredibly loud. Most traffic had pulled over on the shoulder but I kept going because I had to get home.

Once I got into town the streets were flooded, with my little Civic I could feel the water running across the bottom of my car and was just hoping I wouldn't stall out in the street. The home was fine, we are on a big hill so flooding has never been a problem for us. Part of our driveway did get washed away but not too bad. What really shocked me was when I checked my rain gauge. We got over 4 inches of rain!! That is the most rain I remember getting since 2001, lets hope that this storm will mark a new more generous precipitation cycle. I would love ton of snow.

 

No comments: