Friday, September 28, 2007

Company Paintball

So I had the most fun I have had in years yesterday, we had a company paintball tournament at crossfire paintball. I believe that we had 24 people show up and we all got rental guns and unlimited ammo.

They had 4 courses at crossfire; speedball, short course with log barriers, short course with plywood barriers, and a 7 acres wooded course. The wooded course was the worst of the 4, they didn't keep that course up at all and it was nothing but heavy brush. The heavy brush included tons of thorns which I crawled through, cutting up my hand and neck.

Speedball was fun, it was a ultrashort course with plastic tubing barriers. You went through a ton of ammo here since you were shooting all of the time, couldn't move much on this course. I ran out of ammo the first time I played this course and ended up picking up paintballs one at a time off the ground and putting them into my gun. Amazingly with one of those ground balls I got Adam right in the head. Also it was a good try when LiLu rushed us in the speed round and was promptly shot over 10 times by 3 of us. Better luck next time.

The other two courses were fun because it was big enough you could run between barriers and have a little more strategy. My favorite course was the plywood barrier because I could actually fit behind the plywood and still see around to shoot.

My favorite round was the final round which was the iron man. If you got shot you just had to go back to the starting point and come back out. You play till you are out of ammo, last team with ammo wins. This is a good round to go all out. In this round I was running between barriers, turned around to slide into the barrier. I didn't get hit but basically went through the barrier ending up on my back which is where I got shot.

Overall it was a great time, I think I shot Adam the most. I got shot most of the time in the head. I wish I had the time and money to play this every weekend.

Some Videos take during:

Particle Board Course (1st Attempt)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7160682515785350728&hl=en

Speed Ball (1st Attempt)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8045813634081767295&hl=en

Speed Ball (2nd Attempt)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2064943413261697333&hl=en

Iron Man

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5737397960163736631&hl=en

Technorati tags:

No comments: