Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall is Here

So fall is here in Minnesota once again, I love fall, I think it is the best time of the year. I do not like the days of 90s in Minnesota, I know compared to a lot places in the US and the world 90s isn't that hot but in Minnesota it is plenty hot. I like the cold, in fact in the dead of winter I enjoy the -30 degrees days (I don't like paying for heating my house) it is kind of a pride thing, being a Minnesotan and going on day to day in that kind of cold. I won't get on my soap box about Minnesotans who don't like winter, maybe another time.

Back to fall, this morning it was a nice crisp 34 degrees at my house. Perfect fall morning where it will get into the upper 60s maybe 70 during that day. Doesn't get better than that. This year we had well over 30 days over 90 in Central Minnesota and the average is closer to 13 days over 90. The past few years we have been well over the 13 days of 90s every year. Also throughout the year it has been warmer including winters.

We have had well below normal snow fall in Central Minnesota since at least 2001, ends up just being gray and cloudy for November and December. I am hoping for a fall that stays around where it is now for September and into October. Hopefully November will bring early snowfall which I doubt and maybe we can have more of a normal snowfall year this year.

I am hoping for at least 1 foot of snow for Christmas, hasn't even been close in recent years.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: