Thursday, April 26, 2007

Finish My Son's Room


Currently my son is sleeping in a bedroom across from the master bedroom as a temporary bedroom. We want to put him into the room next to my daughters room. There is one problem and that is it needed to be finished off.

It needs to be drywalled from top to bottom, the ceiling and the walls. The walls need to be prepped to support the drywall. Currently it is just concrete with plaster of the top of that and wallpaper on the plaster. The two ways of getting the walls ready that I can do is put up furring strips which sounds like it will be a huge pain or build a new wall all the way around up against the current concrete walls.

I am by no means a carpenter or drywalls and by no means have a ton of money to throw at someone and say fix it. So I have been trying to figure out among drywall contractors, general contractors and friends how I can afford to finish off my son's bedroom.

No comments: