Monday, April 23, 2007

Bathroom Exaust Fan

Well I finally finished my bathroom exhaust fan project in my house. The old fan I had I refused to use because when you turned it on it shook the entire ceiling and made just a terrible noise. I purchased a new ultra quiet fan which of course was a different shape and installed that.

Took me forever to get the old fan out since it was install before the ceiling was finished and was screwed in about 8 places to the rafters. Ripped that down and opened up the hole so the new fan would fit. Installed the new fan, tested it and it worked like a champ. Then I took a piece of scrape drywall I had gotten from my buddy Brye and fixed up the hole I had made. Patching the whole wasn't too bad other than have to find some wood shims because the scrap drywall was thinner than the exciting drywall.

Well at least I have a fan I can use now and will be sure not to get mold all over the ceiling and walls from too much moisture.

No comments: