Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Projects - Kitchen Faucet

Well after buying a new Kitchen Faucet about 3 months ago and it sitting in the basement collecting dust I finally got it installed this past weekend. I hate anything to do with plumbing and water. I am not a small man and it always seems like, plumbing projects get me to squeeze into really small spaces and bang on pipes, normally breaking crap.

Getting the old faucet out wasn't too bad this time, I have gotten pretty good at knocking them loose with a couple of vise grips. Once I got it out I put in the new faucet which was easy, then I connected up the water lines and turned the water back on. Both of the connections leaked, tightened them up and then only one leaked. Pulled that one off taped it up with Teflon tape and retightened it. Still leaked so I tightened it even more and the leak got worse. I remembered that I had this problem once before and had gotten a paste that sealed the threads. Put this on, tightened it up one more time and everything worked great.

Finally I have a good faucet to use in the kitchen. The whole reason I had to replace it was that I broke off the aerator including the threads and it made a terrible noise when you turned it on low. Another project bites the dust.

 

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: