Friday, June 8, 2007

Storms with a Big Bark and Small Bite

So there was a big build-up to the storms that were rolling into Minnesota yesterday and as always not much happened around here. All week they were talking about heavy thunderstorms coming and the day before both of the Dakotas where covered in thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms so I was hoping we would really get something this time.

So I am watching radar and it looks like we might get hit by at least a few cells, not long lasting but looked like fun. Well everything was pretty dark but all we got out of it was lots of wind and a little rain. Not even enough rain to empty out of the rain gauge.

It really seems like all of the storms hit southern Minnesota and nothing ever comes though central Minnesota. I am not saying I want tornados or tennis balls size hail but it is nice to have some big boomers come through. Oh well always next time.

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: